Thursday, June 28, 2012

Grilled Fingerling Potatoes

I Work Out

I'm on my second week of doing p90x, and I have to say that I'm in a motivational black hole.  Does it work?  Heck yes, but not if you're like me and end up eating twice as much as usual.  Honestly though, I don't even know why I'm bothering to tell you this because if you're reading a food blog called "The Fatty Chalupa" I doubt hearing about my exercise woes is on your mind.

As the weather warms up, I'm increasingly reminded, that I should be eating healthier, but instead I end up having brunches consisting of french toast and maple glazed bacon and visits to UmamiBurger (which was delicious by the way).

What I'm also finding difficult as well is finding time to document everything I cook and eat.  I could have gotten 4 blog posts out of the dish below, but there are times when enjoying everyday life with family takes precedence over posting yet another recipe for roasted asparagus on the internet.  It's all a tradeoff.



So while I should be posting another recipe for salad to encourage a healthier lifestyle, I'm trading that off instead to bring you grilled potatoes basted in garlic butter.


Whenever I have tried grilling potatoes in the past, they usually end up undercooked and bland, so I tried figuring out my best plan of attack in regards to how to parcook them with the most flavor.  I didn't want them to fall a part so I axed boiling them, steaming seemed like a hassle, so that left me with treating them like a baked potato.  I didn't oil and season them like I normally did, in fear that the crispy skins would fall off after baking, though in hindsight I think it would have been a better idea.


skewered, then slathered


a rainbow of carbs

On a scale of one to ten I give this a seven- disappointingly, despite how much butter I lathered on, the flavor of garlic and herbs were very minute.  Perhaps serving a side of garlic aioli would add some calories flavor.  However, their time on the grill is just enough to give the potatoes that smoky, charred, and somewhat cancerous flavor- delicious!

I ate them with ketchup, alright!

Grilled Fingerling Potatoes

SERVES 4

1 pound of baby fingerling potatoes, washed and scrubbed
1/2 stick of butter
garlic
parsley
scallions
salt and pepper to taste
pecorino romano cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Bake the potatoes for 25-30 minutes until fork tender, and cool to room temperature.

Meanwhile, melt together the butter, garlic, parsley, scallions, and salt and pepper.  Slice the potatoes lengthwise, and skewer.  Brush liberally with garlic butter and season with salt and pepper.  Grill on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side until browned.  Immediately sprinkle with the pecorino romano.

4 comments:

  1. I'd like to eat like this every day of the week but I don't want to worry about getting this http://www.tummytuckcost.com/tummy-tuck-before-and-after/. Is it a plausible diet if you run four times a week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I've linked the photo to my name for easy access.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 Tips to a flat stomach
    ----------------------------------

    There are long lasting ways to get the amazing middle you crave. These genius tips
    Will help you shed inches and pounds, banish the bloat, And feel even more gorgeous.
    we have very best advice for quickly shrinking your tummy. Here are the surprising
    Hello, skinny jeans! Stop making these 5 Major mistakes and you will finally lose your stubborn belly fat
    http://juicyabs.com
    http://www.facebook.com/5TipsToAFlatStomach?skip_nax_wizard=true


    ReplyDelete
  4. Grilled fingering potatoes recipe is shared on the post here. Read to know more

    ReplyDelete